Friday, January 28, 2011

How do I manage my personal finances online?

Page Once
http://www.pageonce.com/

I got the free app for my blackberry and I love it. It allows me to keep track of absolutely everything from Delta sky miles to what my bank account balance is, to Twitter. I'm one of those people who likes to check up on everything... somewhat neurotically. It's a free app for a limited time only, but I encourage you to check it out for yourself.

Learn Vest
http://www.learnvest.com/

What a great website aimed at women trying to get their finances in order. There's a way to calculate your after tax salary that you take home. I also used www.paycheckcity.com as a way to double check. Both of these sites are great for figuring how much money do I take home after taxes. I also found their tips and tricks helpful which range from how to care for your clothes to make them last longer to how to improve your credit score. It's great because you can figure out how much to allocate and budget for your yearly salary so that you know how much to save, to put towards rent, clothes, etc. I found that I'll be making about $14,000 less than what my job offer was for because of taxes. This is definitely enough to live comfortably. It also makes me very glad that I wasn't going to be moving to some place expense like LA or NYC for work.

There of course is the old standby of Mint.com. It's by the same people who brought us Quicken. Mint allows me to track where my money goes, and create a budget for me to abide to. It always makes me feel better when I am spending far less than the average American. I only wish I had found out about this website sooner. It's very simple to use and I can keep track of my bank accounts and student loan all on the same web page.

For more great sites visit The New York Times money blog for the best money sites of 2010 here. It's definitely worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment